Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thanks Mr. Postman!

I'm so glad I decided to stay at home today and postponed my trip to the farther charity shops coz the weather is back to the chilly side and abit windy. I'm cheered up and overjoyed when Mr.Postman dropped a few mails and a package, yes a package in my mail box!

It's from my dearest blogger friend Scarlett who has been so kind to have sent me a vintage book with my name on the title that she bought in one of her bargain hunting trip! yep i'm abit narcissistic and love anything that got my name on it, personalized things are my fave! Thank you so much Scarlett for the lovely vintage book and I love the note with the elvis on it too!


..and I also recieved the latest Cath Kidston's Catalogue and I heard that they're having a 15% Off just for today, though as much as i'm tempted to buy, i dont think i can afford it this month, hubby needs to do M.O.T, but i'm sure i'll enjoy browsing the catalogue and drooling over her goodies :)




Right, so now onto today's post on craft that I made yesterday, I found a cabinet's door in the outbuilding storage that I thought I could do something with it, I unscrewed the hinges, sand it down and spray painted it with blue color then once dried, i just wanted it to look abit distressed so I just paint without a care with white paint on a brush and sand it a little.


Now, I can't draw nor profess the skill to draw so I cheated by looking at Cath Kidston's book called "Make" and it has a roses template that I can use to draw.


So i'm linking my craft post to;

Transformation Thursday

10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Susan, that is seriously adorable!!! I love it and would never have thought to do that with a cabinet door!

    How sweet of your friend to send you that book! I love getting things in the mail:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lordy, that is such an inspired make. It looks briliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...that is just beautiful! What a GREAT idea! I'm redoing my daughter's room right now and I have a cabinet door just sitting around...hmmm...I just might try this! Thanks for linking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, that looks amazing and real shabby chic! :)

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pleased the book arrived :o) Hope you enjoy it! What a clever little make over too - looks fabulous. Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan, this is lovely! Great job. Btw, I went through the links in the Creative Bloggers' Party and HOp and saw you engage in the true spirit of the party. For that, THANK YOU SO MUCH! Hope you'll join us again this Sunday with a different co-host. Just thinking, maybe you'll want to co-host with me. Let me know if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally cute! I have a door too! I got some inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I came to visit your blog after you visted mine and I'm SO glad I did!! What an adorable makeover! I am now your newest follower and looking forward to more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous! you are so talented.

    here's the link to my thank you!
    http://typeadecorating.blogspot.com/2011/04/two-awards-in-one-week.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...