Sunday, September 18, 2011

Thank You Ladies!

I want to thank you soooo much for the lovely birthday wishes from all of you lovely ladies and for the cute cards that i recieved yesterday from the lovely Scarlett and Jem, love'em!


I'm happy but also sad everytime i turned one year older (blame it on my period), but thanks to Skype I can talk and see my family on webcam, i miss my mom and everyone in Indonesia. I do hope next year I can go there for holiday and see everybody *fingers crossed*.

Me thinks it's about time that i have a birthday resolution which is to try and go on a diet (easier said than done), i realized that not only my clothes are getting tighter, i dont even have to weigh myself to know that im getting fatter, I want to try low carbs diet suggested by a friend's hubby who is in the process of doing it and has lost a few pounds in just 10 days! So yes it's the reason why i said no to a birthday cake (grudgingly) when hubby wanted to buy one and starting today i'm going to try to do some exercise like walking 3 times a week (at least). So wish me luck!

There's a good news that I might get a bicycle for Christmas (but no promises) coz hubby thought i'm super fussy as I wanted a hybrid/country bike that costs alot (with front basket of course) and he also suggested that if i wanted to do a course on dress making in our local college, i should find out when and how much (again no promises and depends on how much and whether we could afford it). So we'll see..

in the meantime...i'm back in business on blogging and have a nosey on everyone's blogs! :) Happy Sunday!

7 comments:

  1. Hurray! I'm so pleased the card arrived okay, I had one of those moments after I'd popped it into the letterbox when I couldn't remember if I'd put the stamp on!

    A dress-making course would be perfect for you!!

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated Birthday Susan! I know what you mean about getting a year older...ugghhhh.

    It must be hard being so far from all your family, I do hope you're able to go back next year. Good luck with the diet! I lost over 30lbs this year that I had gained since meeting Kyran 4 years ago. I've never been heavy and didn't feel like myself, I feel SO much better now! I count calories and do Billy Blanks video's on Youtube (they're free!). Good luck Susan, you can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Susan sweet, I am sooo happy for you. Every thing is coming up roses (always speak in the present tense). I think it's grand that you want to restore a healthy balance in your body. I know what you mean because I love dessert goodies, too. But I do try to limit myself. And I will say that I have made shortbread cookies with white whole wheat flour (flour made from white or golden colored wheat) and they come out just as scrumptious as using the white flour. Melt in your mouth!
    So there are alternatives. But for now I think you're correct in truly limiting your sweets and white flours.

    Oh, a dress making class sounds wonderful. If you take one I know you will breeze through it.

    I'm glad you are back into blogging - I do look forward to visiting.

    Have a very happy day,
    Marianne xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww lovely cards, glad my card got to you. Im sorry to hear your a bit homesick, i hope you do get your trip home next year to see your family. Good luck with the diet too. Love Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAAAA birthday!!!! Oh crap girl, you look great and listen...life is SHORT...eat a small piece of cake for your birthday and then go for an extra long walk. I am sure it is hard to miss your family sweet one, but at least technology helps....I wish I could use my superpowers and teleport you home for a few days!! Hugs to you and Have a SUPER week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning, Susan. Oh, my heart goes out to you missing your family so much. I do hope that things work out to where you can make that trip to see them. There is nothing like the loving arms of our family around us!! (My fingers are crossed for you, too.) As for you losing some weight, I think is a great opportunity to make healthy choices. As my doctor said to me, "baby steps"; drink plenty of water (stay hydrated), walking is a great form of movement, and take a vacation from STRESS! But to let you know carbohydrates are not "bad". Easily digested carbohydrates from white bread, white rice, pastries, sugared sodas, and other highly processed foods may indeed contribute to weight gain and interfere with weight loss. Whole grains, beans, fruits, vegetables, and other sources of intact carbohydrates do just the opposite - they promote good health. Well, sounds like you had a wonderful birthday and received some great gifts. I hope you have a beautiful day today and always.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Susan,

    I know how you feel, about being home sick..it is hard to live far away from ones family. I hope you will be able to go and visit them next year :)

    When I was trying to lose weight, I would eat really healthy all week, exercise etc, then on Friday I would allow myself some kind of treat (Friday treat night). That way I didn't feel like I was missing out by not having any treat's what-so-ever.

    A dress making course would be interesting. Have you tried out your new sewing machine yet? :)

    Have a good week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...