Saturday, June 1, 2013

It's been ages!

Or it seems like it anyway! I so miss blogging, it's been almost 6 months since my last entry. So much has happened and i have alot to say but I guess I wont have the time to write everything so I'm gonna try and make it short.

I guess there's always a plus minus in everything just like when I started my job early december, I was excited and happy coz that means I will have extra money to buy vintage things I love, save so I can go on a holiday and/or fix my run down house but the minus sides of it is now i dont have alot of time to do what I love doing such as baking, crafting and sometimes even the house chores got to be put off hence my absence in the blogging world!

It's still abit of a shock for me as i have forgotten working full time 5 days a week from 8am to 5pm, the last time i worked as a full time was probably more than 10 years ago! Anyways, I was sick after just working a month (winter probably didnt help either) then my feet were and still are aching from alot of walking to the train station and to work/home (my only exercise i'm doing) and I haven't eaten properly as work has been manic and stressful.

I am still grateful though as I finally got a job and that our financial issue is getting better now, I am also happy that I lost abit of weight because of it although for the first few months, I can't even relax on the weekends! doing house chores etc but I think i have gotten used to it now and more organized. I can even make simple things on weekends now and still taking photos on my mobile phone which I post on instagram (that's probably the only place I update daily as i don't have to switch on the computer and just snap a pic and post it wherever I am).

The reason why I can blog now is because Im taking a week's off from work coz i have enough holiday hours accrued and another reason is that my 5th wedding anniversay is coming up on the 6th of June! I have so many things to do this week, spring cleaning isn't that exciting but someone got to do it but we're planning to have some outings and of course a romantic dinner!

Anyways, I think i have spent alot of time on the computer as the screen has started to get abit weird (I hope to buy a new laptop soon!), so I'd better switch it off and do abit of crochet before bed time. I'm sorry i still can't visit everyone's blogs but I hope to have time this week to do it and I wish everyone has a lovely weekend! x

10 comments:

  1. Hi Susan! Lovely to read a blog post from you, so glad you are well! I think it would be a shock to my system too if I had to go back to work. I have been looking after the children for the past 7 and a half years, I don't think I could be organised enough to hold down a job and look after the home! So well done!

    Take care, hugs, Estelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear sweet Susan! I thought I'd pop onto your blog, and here you are. I'm so happy to see your cheery photo and to read all about your experiences....I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN about working and all the cons that come with it. Yes, it's nice to be able to have, in your case, extra financial help, but it comes with such a cost...so hard on the spirit, mind, and body.

    I'm glad you are doing well, and are taking a well deserved and needed break. I think about you quite often. My mother passed away after a long decline with dementia. I've missed her for years, but now I seem to miss her even more.

    Have a wonderful vacation, and I'm sending you a big hug.

    Marianne { } xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am truly thankful to the owner of this site who has shared this great piece of writing at at this
    place.

    My blog :: huis huren frankrijk ()

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh Susan, how did I miss this post??? I'm so glad you found a job! Hopefully you're more settled into your routine now and I hope you pop in again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Susan,
    It sounds like you've been very busy lately. I was just thinking of you and wishing you a good month of September! Have you heard from Teacups and Bunting? I miss Maggie as well.

    Have a sweet day.

    Love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Susan - just checking in, I've taken a blog break too but am back now, Great news that you got a job - I can imagine it's a shock to the system though! Hope you're well xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do miss you so Susan, but I am happy you are working. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Susan, I didnt know You had a lovely blog too, I m going to grab a cup of tea and start at the begining,lol. Xxxxlove julie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I miss your lovely happy blog. I hope you are well. Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Susan,
    I don't know if you ever come by to check your blog, but in case you do, I'm leaving this little note to let you know I'm thinking of you and hoping you are well. I still miss your delightfully cheery posts. Wishing you many blessing on you and your family.

    Marianne xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...