Friday, May 13, 2011

Got Chalk?

Blogger was under maintenance, it's back now but they are still working on restoring some of the data, I was abit worried that i might have to find other free blog sites to create a new blog, phew!

But all's well that ends well, i had time to do something else while waiting for blogger to work again, I did a bit of craft using this Ronseal Blackboard paint that i bought awhile back, I had in mind to use it within a frame for a menu or scribble something with a chalk.


..but I dont have a frame for it so i use it on wooden hearts instead that i bought on ebay last year, need to stock up more coz i'm thinking to decoupage them also.


I painted the hearts a few coats of the paint front and back so they can be used both sides as tags, just use chalks and write on it, easy to wipe and re-write. So I now find it easier to know which basket contains what :)

My first attempt on these wooden hearts was last year when I handpainted them with acrylic and crayons in time for christmas.


This was taken in december and they're abit messy but rest assured, i'll be trying it again once i got more and sell them, you know what they say, practice makes perfect :)

9 comments:

  1. I heart them! Genius idea , Susan. Btw received my winnings and love them although my daughter has commandeered the case. Drat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea Susan! They look adorable:) My last post is missing too but hopefully it re-appears!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, i was seriously missing blogger! Love your blackboard hearts, they are perfect! You keep showing me all these things I want! So going to have to get some blackboard paint ;o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute idea as usual Susan! I just did blackboard paint on some of my kitchen storage jars - I was always confusing which rice was which.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so cute! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great idea! I should do this in Sophia's playroom. Thanks and have a super week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan...what a nice idea! I like the baskets very much. The chalk hearts add a bit of nostalgia - remember when you were a girl in school wanting to use the chalk on the board? I do.

    You decorate so lovely. I always like to see your new projects. Glad your blog site is a-okay.

    Have a sweet weekend,
    Marianne xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice! I like the little gingham ribbon you tied on them too! (and your first colored batch are really cute too)
    Best,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those hearts are great!

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...