Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Back to NormaliTea

Storm is brewing outside, not a good start of 2012 but then again Chinese New Year is coming up and the Chinese considered rain on the New Year as a sign of good luck :) Hubby's back to work and already had his first complaint in the new year on how hard to drive to work in this storm. ( I just hope the back garden's fence wont fall again!)

My Tea Time contribution is just some pics that I took on Christmas and New Year's Day. I baked the Yule Log for Christmas so i guess this is as good time as any to just show it to you :)


The good thing about making yule log for the first time was that i can cover all the imperfections and cracks of the cake when trying to fold it with the chocolate cream :) it's all gone now but rest assured it was eaten while drinking TEA! :)


I took down the Christmas Tree and Decorations on Sunday, abit sad that Christmas is over and we're back to our routine although I'm so happy to have received more gifts than I expected as hubby surprised me with a new mobile phone to replace my old almost broken phone, Thank you soo much! now i can twitter away like a twit (his words). :P


He even spoilt me with a few books on my amazon wishlist, i'll do a separate post on that once i read them! I also received some wonderful gifts from my friends and family and they got my hint when i mentioned I love Cath Kidston!


Double oven gloves and the melamine bowls are CK and the cute strawberry apron from BHs, thanks to the in-laws! I'm thinking to do blue and red color theme in 2012..maybe also for next christmas, we'll see ;)

I also got a few pairs of knee length socks and few other things that I'll post in separate posts once i take pics of 'em. Meanwhile i have a long list of things i have to do today; back to job hunting, set up an online shop on folksy but before that..i need to prepare my stocks which means back to crafting! OH i'm soo hoping 2012 will be a great year for all of us! Amen!

Linking to:



Rose Chintz Cottage

Sweetology101

14 comments:

  1. Hi Susan,

    Gosh isn't it just stormy! I was without power this morning, I had to attempt to put on my make up just using the flash-light mode, on my mobile phone :P

    All my Christmas decorations have been put away as well..not as fun to put them away, as to put them up.

    That was so nice of your hubby to get you a new phone..happy twittering :)

    I love the Cath Kidston pressies!

    Do share the link to your folksy shop when you have it up and running, I would love to visit it :)

    I hope 2012 will be a very good year for you..
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Susan. Love all your goodies and your Yule log looks to die for!

    Excellent post title, btw.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, yes it was kind of sad around here taking the tree down and giving into Christmas being over. They are all put away, however, I seem to always find one left over a decoration and have to dig to get it back to rest. Love the phone, I have to walk to my computer to twitter, check me out scrapandwrap. Love your the Yule Log.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, Susan! Your Yule Log looks very delicious!! And who cares about imperfections
    ....IT'S STILL YUMMY! LOL!
    I hope this year is prosperous and a good year for better health!

    OXOXOX
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new year!! A yule log is one thing I forgot to buy at christmas yours looks wonderful! you had some gorgeous present, I also love knee high socks as ankle socks always seem to fall down when you are walking, these don't :)

    Good luck setting up your Folksy shop, if you need any help just shout.

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No storms here, we've been in the 80's and I'm NOT liking it:( I'd love some rain so I can snuggle up with some hot tea!

    It does feel good to get back to normal, I took all my decorations down the day after Christmas. Time to get back to healthy eating and much less drinking!!!

    Your yule log looks yummy. And you sure did get a lot of presents! I did too, I always feel so spoiled.

    Good luck on your job hunting and with your online shop!!! Here's to a wonderful 2012!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Susan,
    I still have my tree up and will leave it up till the weekend most likely. I go to so much trouble decorating for Christmas that I like to enjoy it after the hustle and bustle is all over with. Besides, I like it up for my birthday too!
    Love all your CK goodies and your yule log looks yummy! Charming gifts and well loved!
    Happy New Year.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such a lovely home, I really do enjoy seeing glimpses of it.
    Loving Cath Kidston as always xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes, Amen!!!

    I do like all your gifts, Susan. The apron is going to be so much fun to wear in the kitchen. I just love that vintage type aprons are coming back in style. They just cheer up a kitchen.

    I can't believe Christmas is over, either...it went by so quickly. I think for me it's all the rushing and hectic atmosphere of the store I work in. I look forward to the day when I can be in the more relaxed atmosphere of my own studio in my home, and decorate, take my time to once again enjoy the fullness of it all.

    Have a delightful day, Love,
    Marianne xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOvely collages! I got an iphine as well...just figuring it out. Haven't downloaded the twitter app yet....Have fun!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year and Happy Tea Day! Lovely collages of Christmas. More cake!!!! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cake is perfect! You are so very cool for attempting it. Then to do so well, wow!

    I finally appreciate your fondness for knee socks. For the next few months I have to where them to protect a surgery site. You can bet the first thing I did when I found out was go get some colors, colors, and patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year! Your holiday vignette is lovely. It looks like you had a very festive time. The yule log looks delicious and I am sure it was.
    Cath Kidtson!!! I love her shop! I go in there when I am visiting in England and just breathe it in and dream : )
    I am so glad you were lucky to receive some of her goodies!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello there dear Susan,

    I especially love your Kath Kidston goodies; her pottery is so charming! Your yule log and all of your pictures are pretty special also. Yum!

    Thank you so very much for so generously and kindly gracing our blogs with your various lovely Tuesday tea party links. Thanks also for visiting our blogs time and time again and leaving sweet words of comment and encouragement with your participation for our Tuesday Tea's for our, 'Teapot And Tea Things Tuesday', as well as for my, 'Tuesday Tea For Two', weekly blog tea party.

    Pam and I are going to very much miss you as we leave blog land for quite a long while. This is due to very important personal reasons that were unforseen; (even two weeks ago).

    Dear Pam and I had a long and friendly conversation just two days ago. Upon my informing Pam that I needed to 'bow out gracefully', from blogland for the forseeable future, she requested that I also send this message of deepest gratitude and regret on her behalf also. As I bid you a fond farewell and as we both leave you and other very lovely fellow bloggers for the time being my friend.

    Have blessed New Year in 2012!

    Hugs and blessings from Wanda Lee, (and Pam; Pam is from her own, 'Breath Of Fresh Air', blog.)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...