1. I have quite a few of empty used jars from Pickled Onion, Olives, Tomato Chutney etc that I'm glad that I dont throw them away for recycle.
2. Clean them up and peel off the label from them, I soaked them in a hot water, once cleaned and dry, it's ready for painting.
3. I use 2 tsp of Mod Podge, half tsp of water and 4-5 drops of food coloring, i chose blue color for the coloring, if you want turquoise color, add one drop of green. you can experiment with the color, depends on what you want, if you want darker shade you can add more drops of food coloring. mix all these together with a brush.
4. Brush the jar however you want as long as it's cover the outer part, once dried, it'll be clear.
5. The problem with this project is that it can be easily washed off by water, so I wont wash the jars forever :) so its purpose only to be a storage jar and if I had to use it as a flower vase, I had to be careful in pouring the water inside as to not spilt to the outer side.
6. The result is quite satisfying :)
Craftberrybush and Gingerbreadsnowflaes
I will experiment more on this and I'll be putting some trinkets and bits and bobs in those jars later :)